- Must campers wear a camp T-shirt every day?
- How does my camper find a lost item?
- How does the transportation system work?
- How do I arrange to pick up my camper during the camp day?
- What if my child does not want to participate in a particular activity?
- Can my camper bring a precious item to camp?
- What does my camper need to bring each day?
- How often does my child drink water at camp each day?
- How can I speak with my child's counselor?
- How can I speak with a Camp Director?
- Are we obligated to give a tip or gift to our child's counselor?
- How can I become more involved with Camp Gan Israel?
Nope! Just leave it in a handy spot readily available for picture day and special days. We'll notify you in advance.
Please mark all belongings with your camper's name and group. This is very important since shirts, backpacks, etc. are identical and individual items are difficult to identify without a label. Lost & Found items are available each day in the office. Please contact us in writing or by phone regarding specific items.
Please see our parent handbook for more information.
If you have to pick up your camper during the day, please notify our office. Once we are aware of your arrival time, we can arrange to have your camper ready for you. Please note that no camper will be released to ANYONE without written permission.
No camper will be forced to participate in any activity. However, we do urge campers to try all activities and take advantage of the complete program offered at Camp Gan Israel.
We do not advise your child to bring expensive toys, etc. to camp. Camp Gan Israel supplies everything campers may need. Please see the parent handbook for more information.
Campers only need lunch, bathing suit, towel and sunscreen each day, regardless of the weather. We supply all sports and safety equipment such as tennis racquets, baseball mitts, riding helmets, etc. Please apply sunscreen at home.
We provide drinks throughout the day and your child instructed to drink frequently.
A call to the camp office will answer most questions. Since counselors are constantly supervising groups and activities, messages will be taken at the camp office. Please leave your name and evening phone number and the counselor will return your call as soon as possible.
The directors are available to answer your questions and discuss your concerns, during the day at the Camp Office, 845-634-0951. Please feel free to call during these times or leave a message at the camp office during the camp day.
Tips or gifts are appreciated. A tip sheet will be given out at the end of each session suggesting the proper amounts for your child's counselors.
The camp encourages the involvement of parents on specified selected days. If you're interested, please contact Rabbi Kotlarsky at 845-634-0951.